Graphic Facilitation Training ONLINE and IN PERSON in 2023
2023 Introduction to Graphic Facilitation Training
Do you spend a lot of your time in meetings wondering, “What is this meeting about? Is this the best use of our time?” Not fun, right? Drawing Change can show you a better way. We want you to create meetings with more belonging and connection – using visual facilitation and graphic recording.
Online and In-Person Tickets – on sale Dec 5th
Tickets for our ONLINE, signature introductory graphic facilitation training: May 6 – 8th, 2023. 8 participants, live teaching, online on Pacific Time. The course is paper-based but you are welcome to bring an ipad/tablet.
Tickets for our IN PERSON, signature introductory graphic facilitation training: June 10th – 12th 2023 in person, Vancouver Canada. Max 8 participants.
What will I learn in this graphic facilitation training?
- Hone your listening and drawing skills to make meaning, increase collaboration, and solve problems
- Expand your leadership tool-box
- Develop your capacity to distill information
- Energize your creativity
- Have deep conversations about working wisely with visuals, power and ethics
- Want to see the learning outcomes? Here’s a work-in-progress document
Ooh, what’s in the kit?
Timing and what does the agenda cover?
Before Day 1: evening social
Optional online or in person social the evening before the workshop from 5-6:30pm. This gives us a chance to get to know each other – and helps start our learning the next day.
Day 1: Focus on Graphic Recording 9-4pm
- Building your visual vocabulary (even if you think you “can’t draw”)
- Lettering five ways: bring your flip charts to the next level
- Layouts and how to structure the page
- Hands on-practice
- Overview of the field
- Resources for your success
Day 2: Focus on Graphic Facilitation 9-4pm
- Visual tools for facilitating meetings – drawing and talking
- Choosing the right tools / approaches
- Guest speakers/ special topics (technology, ipads, etc)
- Conversations about ethics and power
Day 3: Practice Lab – putting it all together 9-2pm
- The Day 3 is an amazing leap from where we start on Day 1. We have a unique setup for a supportive environment – and a chance to integrate all of your learnings so far.
- We will practice graphic recording in a slow paced way and answer any remaining questions about business or your action plan.
- This used to be an add-on ticket, but now it’s standard for all our trainings because we see the difference that it makes to student success.
Who should attend?
This workshop is for facilitators, educators, managers, and innovators – anyone who finds themselves working with groups (isn’t that everyone?). You don’t need to be a super-sketcher to be able to communicate visually. If you’ve ever drawn two overlapping circles to explain something, you’re already using visual thinking. This workshop will enhance how you connect ideas, listen and create visual summaries for meetings and events. Our workshops generally attract people who want a unique approach to using visuals with a lens of diversity, inclusion, and equity, as well. Participants have come to in-person trainings from 6 countries – and all sorts of educational and professional backgrounds.
FULL KIT of drawing supplies valued at over $200 (it used to be $100 and we just keep adding to it). A really generous kit of markers and supplies so you can start your visual practice right away. If you’re in the online workshop, we’re going to mail you paper and all supplies, and you can bring an ipad / tablet if you like. For the in-person session, we’ll provide all supplies.
Recap of what’s included:
- social Friday night
- workshop Saturday and Sunday 9am to 4pm, Monday 9-2pm
- Supportive coaching and facilitation from Sam
- in person session includes lots of snacks, beverages
- Custom training resources created by Drawing Change
- Access to our online platform afterwards
- Two exclusive Neuland® Ambassador gifts (more markers!)
- and a new network of visual practitioners to support you after the course!
What does the training cost?
The 2023 introduction to graphic facilitation course online is $2500 CDN + GST for the online course; $2800 + GST for the in-person course. Advanced, in-person course pricing is TBD.
Payment plan options available by request. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org We’re happy to set up payments instalments, we just ask that it be paid by the time the course starts.
Join us! can’t wait to meet you.
Email us at email@example.com to be personally notified when tickets go on on sale for 2023.
Curious about the benefits of zoom vs in person?
I’d say that both workshops create identical outcomes for peoples’ visual practices – it’s about where you feel comfortable most. Sam has been graphic recording and facilitating for groups around the world – including facilitating a meeting of 950 people at a time (!), so we’ve got a great handle on how to make online learning fun and engaging. And the signature in-person workshop attracts an absolute stellar group of people, and you definitely get more chance to have casual conversations, make friends and see a beautiful part of Vancouver where the training is. Both the online and in-person learning environment is going to be fun, and a safe place to try learning new things together!
Wondering about the 2023 advanced course? Details soon, and will be customized based on interviews with participants.