Custom In-House Graphic Facilitation Workshops
Since 2016, Sam Bradd has trained hundreds of people to think more visually and improve their skills through graphic facilitation workshops. Graphic facilitation combines listening and drawing, and is a set of tools that helps people in groups make connections, communicate clearly, and do their best work together.
Drawing Change’s custom in-house workshops aim to develop capacity within your staff to use graphic facilitation tools and graphic recording for personal and professional use. These skills integrate into workshops, meetings, internal planning, and public engagement, and beyond. The benefit of doing this in-house is that the skills will be shared more widely throughout your team, and you can focus on creating projects that are immediately useful and applicable to your organization.
We find the best results are when we work over 2 days, have a maximum of 15 people being trained at one time, and have robust supplies kits for each participant to keep and use after the workshop is done.
- To introduce a fun, visual set of tools to make meetings more engaging. We will emphasize introductory graphic recording skills: listening and drawing to connect ideas and create visual summaries. All activities will be interactive and hands-on.
- The second outcome is to build more skills in communicating ideas visually that are not about live drawing during meetings – such as using visuals to show processes, agile systems, team charts/brainstorming, infographics, journey maps, etc.
- The third outcome will also introduce other visual tools that can be used to facilitate visually, without drawing – such as photo cards, templates, etc.
- Sam will liaise with you and key people, to determine the most relevant objectives for this customized training.
- We will create a draft agenda for your review, as well as recommend different supplies that will facilitate our work together and advise on logistics.
Sam will design and coordinate a customized set of take-home materials to support ongoing learning. We’ll have great supplies, including a magazine of resources, and all of the supplies needed to get started. Kits to support this work are recommended to be $100 per person, and we will coordinate the ordering of supplies with delivery to your office.
Bonus free gifts: Sam is an ambassador for a leading graphic recording supply company called Neuland, and they also provide some nice free giveaways for my workshop participants.
We will need a suitable training venue with flat walls to work on for each person, and moveable desks/tables for group work.
Sam Bradd – Professional background:
Sam’s background combines facilitation and education, and you’ll find his passion for teaching is apparent. He approaches each new workshop as a unique opportunity to unlock potential in participants – the only qualifications required are an open mind, and a sense of humour. Absolutely no drawing skills are required, and all types of creativity are welcomed.
What makes Sam’s training sessions unique is the emphasis on supporting facilitators (and people who want to facilitate): he designs learning opportunities for people to discover knowledge, instead of delivering it to them. Together, you will create a foundation of drawing skills, and then apply it in a work context. You will also use 1:1 practice time, coaching, and teamwork to become better graphic facilitators together.
Cost of workshop:
Typically, our pricing runs at $1000 per person ($500/day) when a suitable training room is provided. In some circumstances, we can negotiate a flat day rate after learning more about your organization/community needs and resources.
Previous custom trainings:
- Business developers and workshop trainers at a national Crown corporation
- To support community planning in Nunavut and the NWT
- Health authority coaches and managers
- Indigenous community members working on community development plans
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a basic outline for a 2-day workshop at your organization!