Advanced Graphic Facilitation Training – 2023
Calling all visual practitioners! Our new course is here – Advanced Graphic Facilitation.
This course is a 3 day deep dive for visual practitioners who have a solid 2+ years of experience. If you’re ready to take your graphic facilitation to the next level – then this is for you.
I want your graphic facilitation to be unmistakable, and unforgettable.
What you’ll learn in the Advanced Graphic Facilitation Course:
- Improve your live graphic recording with better lettering, layouts and synthesizing techniques
- Clearly articulate your unique, big Why for this work
- Expand your drawing strategies beyond icons and into models and more
- Understand and articulate different types of listening
- Offer and receive peer coaching on unique questions you have
- Demonstrate different visual approaches and processes (strategic planning, journey mapping, dialogic work, and more)
- Identify business opportunities to refine, expand or diversify your offerings
- Understand scoping, foundational business practices, and your own criteria for right-fit projects
- Engage in wider conversations about the field of visual practice as it relates to self, teams, organizations, social change and worldviews
- Define and maintain a healthy and balanced practice
- Reflect on your personal strengths and gifts that sustain you in this work
How this course will be delivered:
- Hands-on practice, short presentations, group discussions, reflection in a supportive context
- In-person session: Small group, max of 7 participants
- Paper based graphic recording setup. You’re welcome to bring digital tools
- There will be a pre-survey to find out the learning goals of participants
Who should attend?
- Visual practitioners with 2+ years of experience who want to accelerate their career
- Visual practitioners with 3-5+ years of experience who want a mini-retreat to focus on a particular part of your practice, get small group support around unique challenges, talk shop with your community, all in a supportive environment for your growth and learning
- Visual practitioners who want to energize their own practices
- This course is not a competition and there’s no application process. If you want to learn and grow, you’re invited
What’s included? Ooh, what’s in the kit?
- Kits valued at $200 – they will include: basic supplies and Neuland markers for the course (eg outliners in different sizes, plus a few colours and special marker sizes/ nibs) to supplement your existing tools
- Custom Drawing Change materials
- Neuland swag – 2 free gifts (more markers!) for you
- Social Friday night
- Workshop Saturday and Sunday 9am-4pm, Monday 9-2pm
- Supportive coaching and facilitation from Sam
- Lots of snacks and beverages
- And a new network of visual practitioners to support you after the course!
Where is the training?
Our workshop will be held at the Carousel Theatre for Young People, a performing arts theatre in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. The space is near the entrance of Granville Island (not really an island!), which is a hub of activity and an amazing and creative district with theatres, artisan workshops and craft studios. The space we’re in has huge windows, high ceilings, single-stall washrooms, and is near to all sorts of great options for food.
What does the Advanced Graphic Facilitation Training cost?
The 2023 Advanced, in-person course is $2800 + gst.
We’re happy to set up payment plan installments, we just ask that it be paid by the time the course starts. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the Trainer: Sam Bradd
Hi! I’m Sam Bradd. I’m a graphic facilitator, meeting facilitator, and the Principal of Drawing Change. I combine 20 years’ facilitation experience with visuals to help groups unlock their creativity and truly lead. Since 2010, I’ve taught hundreds of people how to do graphic recording and graphic facilitation – and I’m excited to launch this advanced course with you.
My formal education includes an MEd in Educational Studies (UBC), certification in Human Systems Dynamics and I’m a Dialogue Associate with the SFU Centre for Dialogue. When facilitating, I aim for approaches that are strengths-based, creative, and use an intersectional and anti-racism lens. As a graphic recorder, I’ve worked in 11 countries, with the World Health Organization, and groups working to change the world. I co-edited two books and am a co-founder of the award-winning Graphic History Collective. I’m a white settler of Italian and Scottish background, and live on unceded Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh territories.
Before Day 1: evening social Friday, June 9th 5-6:30pm. In-person social is a low-pressure way to get to know each other, welcome anyone from out of town, and jumpstarts our learning the next day.
Day 1: 9 – 4pm – Saturday, June 10th. In person workshop
Day 2: 9 – 4pm Sunday, June 11th. In person workshop
Day 3: 9 – 2pm Monday June 12th. In person workshop
Registration and Tickets:
Tickets will be on sale via Eventbrite (link HERE) on Monday December 5th, 2022. Contact us for payment plans at email@example.com
Join us! We can’t wait to meet you.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.