Do you spend a lot of your time in meetings wondering, “What is this meeting about? Is this the best use of our time?”
Actually, it’s not – and Drawing Change can show you a better way. We want you to create meetings with more belonging and connection – using visual facilitation.
Our foundational training workshops will help you hone your listening and drawing skills to make meaning, increase collaboration, and solve problems.
What will I learn in this graphic facilitation training?
- Expand your leadership tool-box with visual superpowers
- Learn how to include diverse voices in meetings
- Develop your capacity to distill information
- Sharpen your tools to have more effective meetings
- Teach the visuals you need to get groups engaged
- Hone your creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Explore visuals as a key tool for big change
- Have deep conversations about working wisely with visuals and cultural safety
Who should attend?
This workshop is for facilitators, educators, managers, and innovators – anyone who finds themselves working with groups (isn’t that everyone?). You don’t need to be a super-sketcher to be able to communicate visually. If you’ve ever drawn two overlapping circles to explain something, you’re already using visual thinking. This workshop will enhance how you connect ideas, listen and create visual summaries for meetings and events.
What’s the Agenda?
Before Day 1: Social dinner (optional, but a nice get to know you) the evening before the workshop
Agenda Day 1:
- building a visual vocabulary – even if you think you “can’t draw”
- lettering five ways: bring your flip charts to the next level
- learning layouts and how to structure the page
- hands on practice in a supportive way that builds confidence
- digital ipad tools
- resources for your success
Agenda Day 2:
- visual tools for facilitating meetings, including templates
- choosing the right tool for the right visual process
- coaching opportunities, and co-creating the agenda
- talking circle about cultural safety and visuals, led by Indigenous graphic recorders
Agenda Day 3 (optional)
- Intimate lab, capped at 10 people. We will practice graphic recording in a supportive environment
- business questions and creating your action plan
How much does graphic facilitation training cost?
- Early Bird Rate $1375 Canadian + GST
- Regular Rate $1575 Canadian + GST
- 1 space for Community Scholar Mentorship Program Rate $200 + GST (full for 2019)
Payment plan options available by request. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I can’t afford the full rate?
Too many professional development opportunities are only for those who can afford it – and cost shouldn’t be a barrier for making the world a better place.
Drawing Change wants to spread our skills to people working in community, grassroots, and social justice movements. That’s why we offer community scholar spots, and give priority to self-identified Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour folks who are under 30(ish). Community scholars share their skills with community organizations and social movements afterwards. Applications for Community Scholar spaces are full for 2019, and applications will open again for 2020.
Looking for tips to ask your employer to help fund your training? We wrote a letter to help.
What’s the workshop venue?
Creekside Community Centre is a beautiful venue with a full wall of windows, accessible and gender-inclusive washrooms, and a view of the ocean and seawall.
Remind me what’s included?
- Two full days of instruction, a social dinner, and an optional day 3 lab
- Hot catered lunch and coffee/tea
- Full kit of drawing supplies valued at over $100
- Templates, handouts, a book of icons, and resources
- Two exclusive Neuland® Ambassador gifts
- A new network of visual practitioners to support you after the course!
I’m from out of town?
Wonderful! We’ll send out recommendations for places to stay and eat. Participants have travelled for this course from the UK, Japan, and across North America – we will make you feel welcome.
How do I register?
Register HERE for our October 5-6, 2019 graphic facilitation training! and email email@example.com with any questions.