Book launch for Drawn Together Through Visual Practice: Vancouver

Live graphic recording created in tandem by Avril Orloff and Corrina Keeling On October 29th we celebrated the release of our new book, Drawn Together through Visual Practice! We had a great turnout for the book launch event, which took place at Gallery Gachet in Vancouver, bringing together local facilitators, visual practitioners, friends, curious creatives, and even … Read more Book launch for Drawn Together Through Visual Practice: Vancouver

What we see in graphic facilitation is a reflection of our sector, too

I keep a list of what participants say to me about the visuals after a graphic facilitation session. My big take-away – as someone who visits many sectors – is that we are all looking for ways to understand each other. Every sector has a unique take on why graphic facilitation – or visual thinking – helps them. It’s … Read more What we see in graphic facilitation is a reflection of our sector, too

New Book! Drawn Together Through Visual Practice

Our book is here! Drawn Together Through Visual Practice Embrace visual practice as a defining technology of our time. Imagine your ideas drawn — incorporating energy, colour, space, line, scale, icons, figures, metaphors. This is the territory of visual practice, which makes the fleeting and ephemeral nature of spoken conversation concrete. This anthology connects ideas … Read more New Book! Drawn Together Through Visual Practice

Graphic recording: Cultural safety and Indigenous Youth Wellness

As a graphic facilitator, it’s an honour to partner with the Indigenous Youth Wellness Learning Circle with Elder Gerry Oleman and Asia Youngman from Cuystwi! I always feel that working with Cuystwi is transformational. I thought I’d share a little behind the scenes about this image to help share why. I’m a non-Indigenous graphic recorder who works cross-culturally. People often … Read more Graphic recording: Cultural safety and Indigenous Youth Wellness

Interview: sharing my favorite resources with Michelle Walker

Recently, Michelle Walker, a creativity coach and visual practitioner in Australia, interviewed me as part of her Spotlight Series. Michelle has a thriving visual practice, and I also learned that she is a fantastic interviewer – we could have talked for hours! In this audio interview, I share my thoughts on my practice, what feeds my creativity, and … Read more Interview: sharing my favorite resources with Michelle Walker

Graphic Facilitation at Creative Mornings Vancouver: Visual Language

People care when they see their ideas matter. And that’s why I love my job. Here’s my talk from Creative Mornings Vancouver. A big-hearted community creates this interesting, free breakfast event each month in 120+ cities around the globe. Proud to be part of @Vancouver_CM today + excited to announce @wacom‘s giving away #BambooSpark units #madewithwacom pic.twitter.com/a0XVM5p00h … Read more Graphic Facilitation at Creative Mornings Vancouver: Visual Language

A free Creative Planning visual template for you

I made this Creativity Planner for my Creative Mornings Vancouver talk and want to share it with you. This free, visual template can help you with creative goal setting. Because let me guess — you’re fantastic at brainstorming for your clients, friends, and others. But when it’s time for you to focus on your goals, you find … Read more A free Creative Planning visual template for you

A gift to you: sketchnotes from Rockwood Art of Leadership

Last summer, I drew a popular set of sketchnotes at the Rockwood Institute’s Art of Leadership training.  My free gift to you: download a free PDF set to keep*. May these spark something inside you, the way the course inspired me. Here are edited, higher resolution images about leadership, connecting to purpose, courageous conversations, and re-finding … Read more A gift to you: sketchnotes from Rockwood Art of Leadership

Visual Language – Speaker at CreativeMornings Vancouver

Want a fun way to kickstart your 2016’s creative resolutions? Get a ticket to Vancouver’s CreativeMornings! I’m the guest speaker at the January event talking about Visual Language and Creativity. Thrilled to be part of this monthly breakfast series with fellow creatives, held in cities around the world. Your free ticket includes a guest speaker, breakfast, and also lots of time to … Read more Visual Language – Speaker at CreativeMornings Vancouver

Illustrations for the YMCA’s strategic plan

Here’s a great idea to make your strategic plan an evergreen document – make sure people see it every day! I created these illustrations for the YMCA of Greater Vancouver‘s strategic plan, and then Signi Solmundson (VP Marketing and Communications) creatively printed them on a planter, so people could centre the strategic plan plan right on … Read more Illustrations for the YMCA’s strategic plan

Vision Map for Stó:lō Nation Wellness

In your reception area, can people see your Vision? This 8-foot Vision Map greets visitors to the Stó:lō Wellness Centre. I loved the process of making this map because it was about consultation from beginning to end. Vision Maps give us a visual overview of a strategic plan, project, or high-level picture. But what’s as important as the drawings: … Read more Vision Map for Stó:lō Nation Wellness

Judging the 2015 CALM awards: Canadian Association of Labour Media

I’m in Victoria, BC to judge the 2015 Canadian Association of Labour Media awards once again. I evaluated the visual categories including best poster, best infographic/illustration and best overall print excellence. Congratulations to everyone – there were so many excellent submissions that we had a tie and numerous honorable mentions. The poster category blew me away. Have you … Read more Judging the 2015 CALM awards: Canadian Association of Labour Media

Illustration of an East Vancouver Sandwich Map

I live for sandwiches. So why not an illustration of an East Vancouver sandwich map? Happily, there’s no shortage of delicious options nearby. And good parks to eat them in, too. The map includes the two neighbourhoods of Hastings-Sunrise and Grandview-Woodlands. I’d like to give a big thanks to Uppercase magazine and the talented pair at They … Read more Illustration of an East Vancouver Sandwich Map