2019 Visual Facilitation Workshops in Vancouver Canada

I want you to have meetings with more belonging and connection – and visual facilitation is a way to do that. There’s no shortage of information anymore. Even when we have all the data and people in the room, it doesn’t always add up to a great meeting. What’s missing are people who can help … Read more 2019 Visual Facilitation Workshops in Vancouver Canada

Celebrating our year at Drawing Change

It was a year to celebrate! Here’s a few things we’re proud of at Drawing Change: We supported dozens of meetings that upheld the values of learning, cross-sector collaboration, and being in good relationships with one another. Thank you for your partnerships – we were invited to facilitate and graphic record in 9 provinces, three territories, … Read more Celebrating our year at Drawing Change

Introducing the 2018 Drawing Change Community Scholars

September is officially in full swing – our boxes of fresh Neuland markers have arrived, and we’re busy organizing for our sold out Graphic Facilitation and Recording Workshop this October. Once again, two talented Community Scholars will join the course next month: Adriana Contreras and Aaron Lao. Each Scholar is involved in community activism, amplifying voices … Read more Introducing the 2018 Drawing Change Community Scholars

Our Favourite Visual Facilitation Books

Updated September 2019 with some new titles! Summer is in full swing – hopefully this means you’re working at a slower pace lately, and maybe have a little extra time to flip a few pages at the beach. Personally, I’m trying to catch up on my reading-for-fun. Here’s a few books that Drawing Change graphic … Read more Our Favourite Visual Facilitation Books

EuViz Workshops – Bias In The Pen and The Rising Tide with Brandy Agerbeck

Excited to see Copenhagen this summer! I’m co-facilitating two workshops at the EuViz 2018 conference for visual practitioners, and I thought it was a great opportunity to share resources I’m using these days to help me grow, and change. (And help me recover from making mistakes. I make lots of mistakes.) What’s most important is that … Read more EuViz Workshops – Bias In The Pen and The Rising Tide with Brandy Agerbeck

They’re Back: Community Scholar & Volunteer Spots at our Fall 2018 Visual Facilitation Workshop!

Community Scholar Spots (2) Drawing Change believes in growing the field of visual practice and so TWO Community Scholar spots and 4 Volunteer Spots are back for our Fall 2018 Visual Facilitation Workshop! *update in August: thanks for the amazing interest and the 2018 spots are full. Stay in touch for early notification for 2019 … Read more They’re Back: Community Scholar & Volunteer Spots at our Fall 2018 Visual Facilitation Workshop!

2018 Graphic Recording and Facilitation Training in Vancouver, Canada

Update: sold out for 2018! Drop me a note to be added to the wait list for next year. There’s no shortage of information anymore. Even when we have all the data and people in the room, it doesn’t always add up to a great meeting. What’s missing are people who can help groups make … Read more 2018 Graphic Recording and Facilitation Training in Vancouver, Canada

2017 Trends in Graphic Recording: year end wrap up

It’s time for the annual wrap-up from some of my closest graphic facilitation and graphic recording colleagues. Last year, we shared what we noticed about about human nature or communication (because we’re at hundreds of meetings!). This year, the questions are a little harder. Consider the work of visual practitioners we admire: how do they … Read more 2017 Trends in Graphic Recording: year end wrap up

2017 Trends in Graphic Recording

It’s time for the annual wrap-up from some of my closest graphic facilitation and graphic recording colleagues. Last year, we shared what we noticed about about human nature or communication (because we’re at hundreds of meetings!). This year, the questions are a little harder. Consider the work of visual practitioners we admire: how do they … Read more 2017 Trends in Graphic Recording

Highlights and resources from the 2017 IFVP conference

It was half family reunion and half summer camp (but with way more markers) – the annual International Forum of Visual Practitioners conference! Graphic recorders, graphic facilitators, illustrators, designers, and process consultants from around the world came together for a 4-day conference. This year I launched three new things at IFVP – a new workshop with Sophia … Read more Highlights and resources from the 2017 IFVP conference

Slideshare: 20 Expert tips for Supporting Diversity in Graphic Recording

As a graphic recorder or facilitator, how do you “Listen for Diversity”? Many of us are working in specialized fields and it’s not one size fits all. Now for the first time, you can read expert advice from over 20 visual practitioners – in an easy to read Slideshare.  It’s about starting a conversation, not about finding … Read more Slideshare: 20 Expert tips for Supporting Diversity in Graphic Recording

How Visual Practitioners Listen for Diversity: tips from the field (long form)

As a graphic recorder or facilitator, how do you “Listen for Diversity”? Many of us are working in specialized fields and it’s not one size fits all. Now for the first time, you can read expert advice from over 20 visual practitioners. This month, I hosted a session called Listening for Diversity at the 2017 International Forum of … Read more How Visual Practitioners Listen for Diversity: tips from the field (long form)

Listening for Diversity – share your tips with visual practitioners

Visual practitioners, what techniques do you use to Listen for Diversity? Do you have a tip about how you work? Interested in seeing one of your tips spread wider? Take this 2-question survey! I’m hosting a session called Listening for Diversity at the 2017 International Forum of Visual Practitioners conference this June. I’m excited to … Read more Listening for Diversity – share your tips with visual practitioners

2016 Wrap-Up: Graphic Recorders Reflect on Human Nature and Communication

I was recently asked a great question by !Kona: “When you think of all the conversations where you are present as a graphic recording witness, do you have any current large scale thoughts about human nature, communication, or wants and desires?” As graphic recorders and graphic facilitators, we’re privileged to work in fascinating sessions, but it’s often behind … Read more 2016 Wrap-Up: Graphic Recorders Reflect on Human Nature and Communication

Graphic Recording is truly global

In 2016, I saw the power of graphic recording and graphic facilitation around the world first-hand. Visuals help people connect, find belonging, and work on urgent problems. And visuals are now a global approach. In Tanzania, I worked for three days in a tent with zoonotic disease researchers: And it was a good thing I learned … Read more Graphic Recording is truly global