9 resources to inspire creativity and connect online
Thank you. Everything you’re doing to keep yourself and others safe during this new reality we’re navigating together is appreciated. I know these uncertain times can be overwhelming, and it varies hour by hour. We are in this together, and I want to stay connected with you while new ways of being together emerge.
I put together some links to resources and inspiring work by creatives, to help ground you when you find some space to read, or daydream, or talk with others:
1) Supporting #nonprofits is what @vantagepnt does best- including with this podcast series. We recorded this 3 weeks and another world ago. I’m grateful for the nonprofit/charitable sector. The sector is a collective community capacity for us to care for each other. https://www.thevantagepoint.ca/blog/our-vantage-point-episode-59-make-impact-graphic-recording
2) I love the folks at Training for Change (thinking fondly back to a 17-day training with them). New, free ebook for organizers and trainers who are leading groups online, written by @jeannerewa and @DanielActivism .
These 10 principles are what we need:
1. Be you.
2. Practice the technology
3. Minimize people’s multitasking
4. Engage frequently and in varied ways
5. Manage energy
6. Honour people’s emotional state in this crisis
7. Track participation
8. Let people know you “see” them
9. Oppression is compounded by technology
10. Release yourself and your group of perfection
http://www.leadinggroupsonline.org If you’re leading in social impact spaces, this may be extra helpful.
4) And if you’re looking for a new platform to share and give back with your creativity, as we also ask “what’s next?” in these times: https://www.scribeforward.com/
5) A Comprehensive List of Tips, Tools, and Examples for Event Organizers During the Coronavirus Outbreak. shared by digital graphic recording guru Raquel Benmergui.
And in case you missed it on the blog:
1) Guest blog post by Drawing Change team member, Tiaré Jung: Graphic Recording for Building Indigenous Energy Self-Determination Across Distant & Remote Communities.
2) Watercolours about how to stay connected, in the time of Covid-19:
4) Sketchnotes from the Integral Facilitation certification that I’m in – it’s been a large part of my 2020 so far even as we shift to being fully online now- https://drawingchange.com/
Wishing you & yours health and calm – and creativity.